Peloton Interactive Inc. (PTON) shares rose 9.17% in after-hours on Thursday, January 20, 2022, and closed the daily trading at $26.44. However, in the regular trading session, PTON’s stock lost 23.93%. PTON shares have fallen 84.68% over the last 12 months, and they have moved down 29.78% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 73.28%, while over the past six months, it has declined 79.76%.
Let’s discuss its recent news and developments.
Top 5 Cheap Stocks to Own Right Now
While finding safe stocks with the potential for monster gains isn't always easy, we've found a few that could pay out well. In fact, within our report, "Top 5 Cheap Stock to Own Right Now", we have identified five stocks we believe could appreciate the most even if you just have $1,000 to invest.
Sign up here to get your free report now. .
PTON latest news
On January 20, 2022, Peloton Interactive, Inc. (PTON) reported preliminary results for its second quarter Fiscal 2022 ended December 31, 2021.
Q2 2022 preliminary financial results
- PTON is now expecting total revenue of approximately $1.14 billion compared to previous guidance of $1.1 billion to $1.2 billion.
- Ending Connected Fitness Subscriptions of approximately $2.77 million, compared to previously provided guidance of $2.8 million to $2.85 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA in a range of $270 million to $260 million, compared to previously provided guidance of $350 million to $325 million.
Q2 2022 upcoming financial results announcement
The company expects to release its final second-quarter Fiscal 2022 results after the U.S. stock market closes on Tuesday, February 8, 2022, and hold a conference call to discuss results at 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) that day.
PTON pricing of a public offering of common stock
On November 16, 2021, Peloton Interactive, Inc. (PTON) announced the pricing of an underwritten public offering of 23,913,043 shares of its Class A common stock at a public offering price of $46 per share. All of the shares of Class A common stock are being offered by Peloton.
The peloton will get gross proceeds of approximately $1.07 billion. Peloton intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes.
PTON latest financial results
On November 04, 2021, Peloton Interactive, Inc. announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2022. The company filed Form 10-Q with SEC on November 5, 2021.
Q1 2022 financial highlights
- PTON’s total revenue was $805.2 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2022 Compared to $757.9 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2021.
- The total cost of revenue was $542.5 million for Q1 2022 compared to $429.2 million in Q1 2021.
- Total operating expenses were $622.4 million for Q1 2022 compared to $259.8 million in Q1 2021.
- It suffered a net loss of $376 million compared to a net income of $69.3 million in Q1 2021.
PTON stock faced a significant loss in the regular trading session which had no valid reason but it surged in the after-hours on Thursday after the company announced its preliminary financial results for Q2 2022. We can expect it to continue its momentum on Friday as well.