Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (ANF) shares gained 5.56% in after-hours on Monday, January 10, 2022, and closed the daily trading at $34.15. However, in the regular trading sessions of Monday, ANF’s stock lost 2.53%. ANF shares have risen 40.41% over the last 12 months, and they have moved down 7.52% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 13.04%, while over the past six months, it has declined 25.72%.
Let’s have a brief look at its recent news and developments.
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode
The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free.
ANF latest development
On January 10, 2022, Abercrombie & Fitch Co. provided an update on its outlook for the 2021 fiscal year and the fourth quarter of fiscal 2021.
FY 2021 financial outlook
For FY 2021, ANF is expecting,
- Net sales up in the range of 19% to 20% compared to 2020 net sales of $3.125 billion and up 2% to 3% compared to 2019 net sales of $3.623 billion.
- Operating margin of 9% to 10%, compared with adjusted non-GAAP operating margins of 1.7% and 2.3% in fiscal 2020.
- Capital expenditures of $90 million to $95 million compared to the previous outlook of $100 million.
Q4 2021 financial outlook
- Net sales up in the range of 4% to 6% compared to 2020 net sales of $1.122 billion and flat to down 2% compared to 2019 net sales of $1.185 billion.
- Gross profit rate to be approximately 58.2%, flat to 2019 levels and in line with the previous outlook.
- Operating expenses in the line with previous provide outlook which was to be up low-to-mid single digits from 2019 adjusted non-GAAP operating expense of $565 million.
ANF latest financial results
On November 23, 2021, Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (ANF) reported results for the third quarter that ended October 30, 2021.
Q3 2021 financial highlights
- ANF reported net sales of $9.5 million for Q3 2021 compared to $819.6 million in Q3 2020.
- The total cost of sales was $328.9 million in Q3 2021 compared to $295.2 million in Q3 2020.
- In Q3 2021, the gross profit margin was 63.7% compared to 64% in Q3 2020.
- Marketing, general and administrative expenses were $146.3 million in Q3 2021 compared to $121.0 million in Q3 2020.
- It earned a net income of $49.08 million in Q3 2021 compared to $44.03 million in Q3 2020.
- As of October 30, 2021, the company had cash and cash equivalents of $0.9 billion compared to cash and equivalents of $1.1 billion on January 30, 2021.
The improved financial outlook of Q4 and FY 2021 was the reason behind its turnaround in the after-hours on Monday and it can continue to surge on Tuesday as well.