Ambarella Inc. (NASDAQ: AMBA) stock declined by 1.82% at the last close whereas the AMBA stock price rises by 6.53% in the after-hours trading session. Video surveillance, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), electronic mirrors, drive recorders, driver/cabin monitoring, autonomous driving, and robotic applications all employ Ambarella technologies.
>> 7 Top Picks for the Post-Pandemic Economy <<
AMBA stock’ Financial Highlights
Ambarella has released its financial results for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2022, which concluded on July 31, 2021.
Do You Know The Best Place To Find Gains In Volatile Markets?
In today's chaotic marketplace, the biggest gains will come from some currently-small companies that pass by older, larger businesses still stuck in a pre-pandemic world. The trick is figuring out which small caps will be tomorrow's winners. That's why StockWire News has put together a special Wealth Building Report, highlighting 3 small cap stocks set to soar in 2023.
Click here for full details and to join for free.
- Revenue was $79.3 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2022, up 58 percent from $50.1 million in the same quarter of fiscal 2021. Revenue was $149.5 million for the six months ending July 31, 2021, up 43 percent from $104.8 million for the same period in 2020.
- The gross margin for the second quarter of fiscal 2022 was 62.3 percent under US generally accepted accounting standards (GAAP), relative to 61.8 percent for the same time in fiscal 2021. GAAP gross margin was 62.3 percent for the six months ended July 31, 2021, relative to 60.1 percent for the six months ended July 31, 2020.
- For Q2 of fiscal 2022, GAAP net loss was $7.2 million, or $0.20 loss per diluted ordinary share, relative to $14.8 million, or $0.43 loss per diluted ordinary share, in the same period of fiscal 2021. For the six months ended July 31, 2021, GAAP net loss was $18.0 million, or $0.50 per diluted ordinary share. For the six months ended July 31, 2020, GAAP net loss of $30.2 million, or loss per diluted ordinary share of $0.88, was reported.
Ambarella is providing the following guidance for the third quarter of fiscal year 2022, which ends on October 31, 2021, based on facts available as of today:
- The company expects to make between $88.0 million and $92.0 million in revenue.
- On a non-GAAP basis, gross margin is projected to range between 61.0 and 63.0 percent.
- Non-GAAP operating expenditures are projected to range between $36.0 million and $37.5 million.