Workday Inc. (WDAY) shares surged 4.84% in after-hours on Thursday, August 26, 2021, and closed the daily trading at $258.70. In the regular trading session of Thursday, WDAY’s stock gained 0.26%. WDAY shares have risen 15.51% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up by 6.41% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has gained 7.59%, while over the past six months, it has shed 0.64%.
Let’s see why did it perform well on Thursday?
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode
The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free.
WDAY latest announcement
On August 26, 2021, Workday, Inc. (WDAY) announced results for the fiscal 2022 second quarter ended July 31, 2021.
- Looking For The Best Stocks To Buy For 2021? 3 Electric Vehicle Stocks To Watch
- Top 3 Cosmetics Stocks in the market
Q2 2022 financial highlights
- WDAY reported revenue of $1.26 billion for Q2 2022 compared to $1.06 billion in Q2 2021.
- Total operating expenses were $1.26 billion in Q2 2022 compared to $1.08 billion in Q2 2021.
- It suffered an operating loss of $1.1 million in Q2 2022 compared to an operating loss of $16.8 million in Q2 2021.
- Basic net income per share was $0.43 and diluted net income per share was $0.41 in Q2 2022 compared to a basic and diluted net loss per share of $0.12 in the second quarter of fiscal 2021.
- In Q2 2022, Operating cash flows were $198.5 million compared to $157.2 million in the prior-year period.
- As of July 31, 2021, the company had cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities of $3.31 billion.
WDAY entry into the U.S. Federal Market
On August 18, 2021, Workday (WDAY), achieved Ready status for the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) at a Moderate impact level. With this achievement, Workday materially advances its position to help federal agencies accelerate IT transformation and gain real-time insights to address critical challenges across workforce development, compliance, financial sustainability, and more.
WDAY agreement with Google
On August 10, 2021, Workday (WDAY) announced a tie-up with Google that will allow its clients to run its applications on Google Cloud.
Google Cloud will help businesses run Workday enterprise applications for finance, HR, and planning in a public cloud environment, with ease-of-management, and low network latency.
RSM agreement with WDAY
On July 14, 2021, Workday, Inc (WDAY) was selected by RSM US LLP (RSM) to help scale its rapidly growing business and better serve customers with Workday software. RSM is the nation’s fifth-largest accounting firm by revenue and delivers world-class audit, tax, and consulting services focused on middle-market businesses.
CareerBuilder WDAY Certified Integration
On June 23, 2021, CareerBuilder, which is a Workday (WDAY) Select software partner, achieved Workday Certified Integration status. CareerBuilder provides customers with a seamless integration that connects Workday Recruiting with CareerBuilder Talent Acquisition Suite.
The recent financial results were the reason behind its top-notch performance on Thursday and it can continue to perform well on Friday as well.