Amazon Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) stock plunged by 0.84% at last close however moving ahead the AMZAN share price also declines by 7.44% in the after-hours trading. Four principles govern Amazon: customer obsession above competition focus, desire for creation, devotion to operational excellence, and long-term vision. Amazon aspires to be the most customer-centric company on the planet, as well as the best employer and safest workplace on the planet.
AMZN stock, Financial Highlights
Amazon has released its financial outcomes for the second quarter of 2021. The highlights are discussed below:
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode
The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free.
- Operating cash flow grew by 16 percent to $59.3 billion for the last twelve months ended June 30, 2020, relative to $51.2 billion for the same period last year.
- For the past twelve months, free cash flow dropped to $12.1 billion, relative to $31.9 billion for the twelve months ended June 30, 2020.
- On June 30, 2021, there were 522 million common shares outstanding plus shares underlying stock-based awards, compared to 517 million a year earlier.
- On June 30, 2021, there were 522 million common shares outstanding plus shares comprising stock-based awards, relative to 517 million a year earlier.
- In the second quarter, net sales grew by 27% to $113.1 billion, compared to $88.9 billion in the second quarter of 2020.
- In the second quarter, operating income climbed to $7.7 billion, up from $5.8 billion in the second quarter of 2020.
- In the second quarter, net income climbed to $7.8 billion, or $15.12 per diluted share, up from $5.2 billion, or $10.30 per diluted share, in Q2 2020.
Q3 Financial Expectations
- Total sales are projected to range between $106.0 billion and $112.0 billion, representing a 10% to 16% increase over the third quarter of 2020. Foreign exchange rates are expected to have a positive influence of about 70 basis points, according to this forecast.
- Operating income will be between $2.5 billion to $6.0 billion, down from $6.2 billion in the third quarter of 2020. COVID-19 is expected to cost around $1.0 billion, according to this forecast.
- This forecast assumes the completion of no further corporate acquisitions, investments, restructurings, or litigation settlements, among other things.
Andy Jassy, AMZN Stock CEO stated,
Their consumer company has been called on to provide an exceptional quantity of things, including personal protective equipment (PPE), food, and other supplies, to help communities throughout the world deal with the pandemic’s adverse conditions during the last 18 months. Simultaneously, AWS has aided a large number of organizations and governments in maintaining business continuity, and the company has seen AWS growth pick up as more firms prepare to adapt and move to the cloud. Thank you to all of the dedicated, inventive, and mission-driven workers across the world for staying committed to delivering for its customers, He is looking forward to working with them as they create and prepare for the future