Shares of Rockley Photonics Holdings Limited (NYSE: RKLY) were up 10.69% at $0.76 at the time of our last check in after-hours trading following the conclusion of important analysis.
What research has RKLY finished?
Rockley Photonics (RKLY) said yesterday that it’s presently under development non-invasive cuffless biosensing gadget was used to complete an IRB-approved human research monitoring blood pressure.
- Unlike many current cuffless blood pressure monitors, Rockley Photonics’ potent blood pressure monitoring method is based on cutting-edge laser-based technology and does not depend on patient demographics.
- In order to improve the early detection and treatment of hypertension, which is a risk factor for other significant health issues like heart disease and stroke, continuous, accurate, and convenient blood pressure monitoring is expected to be used.
- Because blood pressure is now only checked infrequently, often during a doctor’s appointment, it may not give a complete picture of a person’s health.
- Even routine daily blood pressure checks conducted at home are insufficient since they don’t record frequent trends or midnight variations in blood pressure, which are stronger indicators of cardiovascular risk.
- The proof of concept blood pressure research conducted by RKLY yielded encouraging data. 200-participant human research will be the next stage and will start this fall.
- The protocols for this study will be based on isometric and aerobic exercise, and they will make use of Rockley Photonics’ most recent wearable technology.
- This autumn, a 30-subject in-line arterial research with a precise pressure monitoring catheter reference is also anticipated.
- Clinical trials, sports, and athletic training, as well as employees in physically and psychologically demanding occupations like firefighters and construction workers, are other potential uses for non-invasive blood pressure measurement outside of medical settings.
- One of the most crucial vital indicators, blood pressure is also a major symptom of a number of catastrophic disorders.
- The study has shown promise and highlights how RKLY’s technology has a special potential. Rockley Photonics’ top clients have responded to the outcomes with a lot of enthusiasm.
How RKLY will be moving ahead?
The study’s earliest findings are promising since they matched up well with accepted cuff measures. The technique developed by RKLY may close long-standing gaps in the management of cardiovascular illnesses. Intra-Subject Blood Pressure Tracking Using an Innovative Cuffless Laser-Based Technology, a new whitepaper from Rockley Photonics (RKLY) with the findings of their blood pressure study is available for download on its website.