Blade Air Mobility Inc. (BLDE) shares declined 6.03% in after-hours on Monday, December 20, 2021, and closed the daily trading at $8.41. However, in the regular trading session, BLDE’s stock gained 4.56%. BLDE shares have fallen 16.04% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up 2.05% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 15.25%, while over the past six months, it has declined 17.21%.
Let’s have a brief look at its recent news and developments.
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode
The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free.
BLDE latest news
On December 20, 2021, Blade Air Mobility, Inc. (BLDE) announced financial results for the fiscal fourth quarter and fiscal year ended September 30, 2021.
Q4 2021 financial highlights
- BLDE reported total revenue of $20.3 million in the fiscal fourth quarter ended September 30, 2021, compared to $8.3 million in Q4 2020.
- Total operating expenses were $30.04 million in Q4 2021 compared to $9.05 million in Q4 2020.
- It suffered a net loss of $9.2 million in Q4 2021 compared to 0.7 million in Q4 2020.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $3.2 million in Q4 2021 compared to $0.4 million in Q4 2020.
FY 2021 financial highlights
- BLDE reported total revenue of $50.53 million in the fiscal year 2021 ended September 30, 2021, compared to $23.43 million in FY 2020.
- Total operating expenses were $74.62 million in FY 2021 compared to $33.8 million in FY 2020.
- It suffered a net loss of $40.05 million in FY 2021 compared to $10.16 million in FY 2020.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $8.87 million in FY 2021 compared to $9.34 million in FY 2020.
BLDE agreement with Helijet International
On December 02, 2021, Blade Air Mobility, Inc. (BLDE) entered into an agreement through its wholly-owned subsidiaries Blade Urban Air Mobility, Inc. and Blade Urban Air Mobility (Canada), Inc., with Helijet International, Inc.
According to the agreement, Blade has acquired exclusive rights to offer scheduled helicopter flights operated by Helijet and to utilize passenger terminals at heliports controlled by PHS.
BLDE expansion of airport service
On November 19, 2021, Blade Air Mobility, Inc. (BLDE) expanded its Blade Airport product with the launch of helicopter service between Manhattan and Newark Airport. Flights are available between 7 am and 7 pm Monday through Friday, and 3 pm to 7 pm on Sundays for $195 per seat or $95 per seat for Blade Airport pass holders.
Well, the recent financial results were the reason behind its turnaround and loss in the after-hours on Monday. It can further slide down in the coming trading sessions on Tuesday.