BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. (BDSI) shares gained 2.12% in after-hours on Monday, December 20, 2021, and closed at $3.37. However, in the regular trading session, BDSI’s stock rallied 26.92%. BDSI shares have fallen 27.31% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up 28.91% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 17.50%, while over the past six months, it has declined 7.56%.
Let’s have a brief discussion about its recent news.
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode
The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free.
BDSI received relief from the U.S. District Court
On December 20, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Delaware issued an opinion in favor of BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. (BDSI) in the company’s patent litigation against Alvogen Group, Inc. and its affiliates, who filed an Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for BDSI’s BELBUCA® product on May 23, 2018.
Alvogen conceded infringement of these claims. Accordingly, BDSI expects market exclusivity of BELBUCA against Alvogen until 2032.
BDSI latest financial results
On November 03, 2021, BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. (BDSI), released solid financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2021.
Q3 2021 financial highlights
- BDSI’s total net revenue was $41.1 million for the third quarter of 2021 compared to $39.4 million in the third quarter of 2020.
- Total operating expenses were $25.5 million in Q3 2021, compared to $22.5 million in the third quarter of 2020.
- It earned GAAP net income of $6.7 million, or $0.07 per share in Q3 2021, compared to GAAP net income of $9.4 million, or $0.09 per share, in the third quarter of 2020.
- In Q3 2021, EBITDA was $11.1 million compared to $13.4 million in Q3 2020.
- The company ended the third quarter with cash and cash equivalents of approximately $100.7 million, compared to $111.6 million as of December 31, 2020.
Revised FY 2021 financial outlook
For FY 2021, the company lowered its financial guidance and is now expecting,
- Total net revenue in the range of $162 million to $167 million from $170 million to $180 million previously communicated.
- Total operating expenses in the range of $115 – $120 million.
- EBITDA in the range of $40 million to $50 million.
BDSI new appointment
On October 21, 2021, BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. (BDSI), appointed John Golubieski as Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Golubieski has more than 30 years of financial and operational experience and will serve as a member of the company’s executive leadership team.
The recent relief from the U.S court about its patents against Alvogen was the reason behind its exceptional gains in the regular trading session on Monday. We can expect it to further surge in the coming trading sessions on Tuesday.