ZIOPHARM Oncology Inc. (ZIOP) shares plummeted 7.41% in after-hours on Friday, December 17, 2021, and closed the daily trading at $1.25. However, in the regular trading session of Friday, ZIOP’s stock gained 14.41%. ZIOP shares have fallen 54.55% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up 10.66% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 25.82%, while over the past six months, it has declined 48.67%.
Let’s briefly discuss its recent news and developments.
Top 5 Cheap Stocks to Own Right Now
While finding safe stocks with the potential for monster gains isn't always easy, we've found a few that could pay out well. In fact, within our report, "Top 5 Cheap Stock to Own Right Now", we have identified five stocks we believe could appreciate the most even if you just have $1,000 to invest.
Sign up here to get your free report now. .
ZIOP preclinical data presentation at a recent event
Ziopharm Oncology, Inc. (ZIOP), presented preclinical data highlighting the potential of neoantigen-specific TCR-T cells for the treatment of solid tumors at the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer 2021 Annual Meeting, which was held on November 13, 2021.
ZIOP latest financial results
On November 08, 2021, Ziopharm Oncology, Inc. (ZIOP) announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2021.
- 3 Best Gene Therapy Stocks for long-term Investment
- Two of the Best Pharmaceutical Stocks to Watch for in 2021
Q3 2021 financial highlights
- ZIOP collaborative revenue was $398,000 in Q3 2021 compared to nil revenue in Q3 2020.
- Research and development expenses were $14.5 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2021, as compared to $14.0 million for the same period in 2020.
- General and administrative expenses were $8.2 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2021, as compared to $6.4 million in Q3 2020.
- It suffered a net loss of $22.7 million, or $0.11 net loss per share in Q3 2021 compared to a net loss of $20.3 million, or $0.10 net loss per share, for the same period in 2020.
- As of September 30, 2021, Ziopharm had approximately $91.7 million in cash and cash equivalents.
ZIOP reduced its workforce
On September 27, 2021, Ziopharm Oncology, Inc. (ZIOP), announced a restructuring and eliminated 60 positions from its workforce, enabling the company to advance its TCR program. The Company expects the changes will extend the cash runway into the first half of 2023.
The first patient in its TCR-T Library Phase I/II clinical trial is expected to be dosed in the first half of 2022 after experiencing unforeseen delays caused by inadequate resources at its contract manufacturer.
Well, there is no recent news behind its loss and gains on Friday. Let’s see how it performs on Monday?