Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT) shares fell 5.10% in after-hours on Thursday, November 18, 2021, and closed the daily trading at $150.65. However, in the regular trading session, AMAT’s stock gained 1.77%. AMAT shares have risen 109.67% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up 3.14% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has gained 24.80%, while over the past six months, it has gained 23.38%.
Let’s see what’s going on recently with the company?
Will You Miss Out On This Growth Stock Boom?
A new megatrend in the fintech market is well underway. Mobile payments are projected to boom into a massive $12 trillion market by 2028. According to Motley Fool this growth stock could "deliver huge returns." Not only in the immediate future but also over the next decade. Especially since the man behind this company is a serial entrepreneur who has been wildly successful over the years.
And this is just one of our 5 Best Growth Stocks To Own For 2023.
AMAT latest news
On November 18, 2021, Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT) announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and Fiscal year 2021 which ended on October 31, 2021.
Q4 2021 financial highlights
- AMAT earned total revenue of $6.12 billion in Q4 2021 compared to $4.7 billion in Q4 2020.
- Its gross margin was 48.1% in Q4 2021 compared to 45.4% in Q4 2020.
- Total operating expenses were $931 million in Q4 2021 compared to $847 million in Q4 2020.
- It earned a net income of $1.7 billion in Q4 2021 compared to $1.13 billion in Q4 2020.
- Diluted earning per share was $1.89 in Q4 2021 compared to $1.23 in Q4 2020.
FY 2021 financial highlights
- Revenue was $23.06 billion in FY 2021 compared to $17.2 billion in FY 2020.
- The gross margin was 47.3% in FY 2021 compared to $44.7 in FY 2020.
- Total operating expenses were $4.02 billion in FY 2021 compared to $3.3 billion in FY 2020.
- It reported a net income of $5.8 billion in FY 21 compared to $3.6 billion in FY 2020.
- Diluted earning per share was $6.40 in FY 2021 compared to $3.92 in FY 2020.
Q1 2022 financial outlook
For Q1 2022, Applied expects
- Net sales to be approximately $6.16 billion.
- Non-GAAP adjusted diluted EPS is expected to be in the range of $1.78 to $1.92.
AMAT participation in the upcoming conference
Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT) will participate in a fireside chat at the Credit Suisse Technology Conference in Scottsdale, Arizona which is to be held on Tuesday, Nov. 30 beginning at 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET. The company will be presented by Gary Dickerson, President, and CEO during the event.
AMAT new eBeam Metrology System
On October 18, 2021, Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT) unveiled a unique eBeam metrology system that enables a new playbook for patterning control based on massive on-device, across-wafer, and through-layer measurements.
The new system can measure semiconductor device structures across the wafer and through layers at high speed, customers are moving to a new patterning control playbook based on big data.
The Applied Stock went down in the after-hours after its unimpressive financial results and it can continue to decline on Friday as well.