uniQure N.V. (QURE) shares surged 8.84% in after-hours on Friday, September 03, 2021, and closed the weekly trading at $33.86. However, in the regular trading session of Friday, QURE’s stock lost 0.58%. QURE shares have fallen 19.98% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up 5.92% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 16.30%, while over the past six months, it has declined 2.63%.
let’s see what are the latest news about the company?
Top 5 Cheap Stocks to Own Right Now
While finding safe stocks with the potential for monster gains isn't always easy, we've found a few that could pay out well. In fact, within our report, "Top 5 Cheap Stock to Own Right Now", we have identified five stocks we believe could appreciate the most even if you just have $1,000 to invest.
Sign up here to get your free report now. .
QURE two new patient procedures
on August 30, 2021, uniQure N.V. (QURE) announced that two additional patient procedures have been completed in the second, higher-dose cohort in the Phase I/II clinical trial of AMT-130 for the treatment of Huntington’s disease. These latest procedures follow a positive recommendation by the independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) after reviewing available follow-up data from all participants in the trial.
QURE joining S&P SmallCap 600
uniQure N.V. (QURE) will join S&P SmallCap 600 prior to the open of trading on Monday, September 20, 2021, to coincide with the quarterly rebalance.
QURE recent financial results announcement
On July 26, 2021, uniQure N.V. (QURE) reported its financial results for the second quarter of 2021.
Q2 2021 financial highlights
- QURE reported revenue of 463.9 million in Q2 2021, compared to $1.5 million during the same period in 2020.
- The cost of contract revenues was $23.2 million in Q2 2021 compared to nil in Q2 2020.
- Total operating expenses were $73.23 million in Q2 2021 compared to $40.0 million in Q2 2020.
- It earned a net income of $399.5 million, or $8.68 basic net income per share and $8.51 diluted net income per share in Q2 2021, compared to a loss of $42.6 million, or $0.96 basic and diluted loss per share in Q2 2020.
- The company had cash and cash equivalents of $677.3 million on June 30, 2021, compared to $244.9 million as of December 31, 2020.
QURE acquired Corlieve Therapeutics
On June 22, 2021, uniQure N.V. (QURE) entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Corlieve Therapeutics and its lead program, which will be known as AMT-260, to treat temporal lobe epilepsy, the most common form of focal epilepsy.
uniQure will pay €46.3 million in an upfront payment of cash to acquire Corlieve according to the acquisition agreement. The transaction has been approved by the Boards of both companies and does not require uniQure shareholder approval.
We have no such news which could justify its gains in the after-hours on Friday. we assume that it will continue its positive momentum on Tuesday, after the long weekend.