Donaldson Company Inc. (DCI) shares soared 6.13% in after-hours on Friday, September 03, 2021, and closed the weekly trading at $66.00. However, in the regular trading session, DCI’s stock lost 3.16%. DCI shares have risen 31.40% over the last 12 months, and they have moved down 9.46% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 0.86%, while over the past six months, it has jumped 3.44%.
Let’s have a brief discussion about its latest news.
DCI participation in the upcoming investor conference
Donaldson Company, Inc will participate in a fireside chat and investor meetings at Morgan Stanley’s Virtual 9th annual Laguna Conference on Tuesday, September 14, 2021. The fireside chat will begin at approximately 1:30 p.m. EDT and the DCI management team will take part in the chat.
DCI latest financial results announcement
On September 02, 2021, Donaldson Company, Inc (DCI) reported its Q4 and fiscal 2021 financial results which ended on July 31, 2021.
DCI Q4 2021 financial highlights
- DCI reported net sales of $773.1 million in Q4 2021 compared to $617.4 million in Q4 2020.
- In Q4 2021, the gross margin was 34.4% compared to 33.7% in Q4 2020.
- Total operating expenses were $153.7 million in Q4 2021 compared to $125.4 million or earning per share of $0.50 in Q4 2020.
- It earned a GAAP net income of $84.3 million or earning per share of $0.66 in Q4 2021 compared to $64.2 million in Q4 2020.
- The company declared dividends of $27.6 million and repurchased approximately 0.8% of its outstanding shares for $63.5 million in Q4 2021.
FY 2021 financial highlights
- DCI reported net sales of $2.85 billion in FY 2021 compared to $2.58 billion in FY 2020.
- In FY 21, gross profit was $971.7 million compared to $871.6 million in FY 2021.
- Total operating expenses were $587 million in FY 21 compared to $531.5 million in FY 2020.
- It earned GAAP net income of $286.9 million or earning per share of $2.24 in FY 2021 compared to $257 million or earning per share of $2.00 in FY 2020.
The financial outlook for FY2022
For FY 2022, the company is expecting,
- Net sales to be increased by 5% to 10%.
- GAAP EPS between $2.50 and $2.66.
- The operating margin is between 14.1% and 14.7%.
- Interest expense of approximately $14.0 million.
- Capital expenditures in the range of $100.0 million to $120.0 million.
The recent financial results could be the reason behind its mixed performance on Friday. it beat the revenue estimates but still, its financial performance was average. Let’s see how it commence the new trading week on Tuesday after the long weekend.