Yatsen Holding Limited (YSG) shares have lost 11.47% in pre-market on Thursday, August 26, 2021, and trading at $5.17, as of this writing. Yesterday, YSG’s stock lost 5.04% to close Wednesday’s session at $5.84. YSG shares have moved down 3.47% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 42.63%, while over the past six months, it has Slid down 67.73%.
Let’s see why it is facing negativity since yesterday?
Will You Miss Out On This Growth Stock Boom?
A new megatrend in the fintech market is well underway. Mobile payments are projected to boom into a massive $12 trillion market by 2028. According to Motley Fool this growth stock could "deliver huge returns." Not only in the immediate future but also over the next decade. Especially since the man behind this company is a serial entrepreneur who has been wildly successful over the years.
And this is just one of our 5 Best Growth Stocks To Own For 2023.
Latest YSG financial results announcement
On August 26, 2021, Yatsen Holding Limited (YSG), announced its unaudited financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021.
Q2 2021 financial highlights
- YSG reported net revenue of 53 billion(US$236.2 million) in Q2 2021 compared to RMB993.2 million in Q2 2020.
- The gross margin was 65.7% in Q2 2021 compared to 61.1% in Q2 2020.
- Total operating expenses were41 billion(US$218.7 million) in the reported quarter compared to RMB935.3 million in Q2 2020.
- It suffered a net loss of 2 million(US$60.6 million) in Q2 2021 compared to RMB321.7 million in Q2 2020.
- The Company had cash and cash equivalents and restricted cash of RMB4.11 billion (US$635.9 million) on June 30, 2021, compared with RMB5.73 billion as of December 31, 2020.
Q3 2021 Financial Outlook
For Q3 2021, Company is expecting, total revenue to be in the range of RMB1.33 billion and RMB1.39 billion.
YSG Q1 2021 financial results announcement
On May 19, 2021, Yatsen Holding Limited (YSG) announced its unaudited financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021.
YSG Q1 2021 financial highlights
- YSG total revenue was 44 billion(US$220.5 million) in Q1 2021 compared to RMB1.01 billion in Q1 2020.
- The gross profit was 6 million(US$151.3 million) in Q1 2021 compared to RMB624.4 million for the first quarter of 2020.
- Total operating expenses were 33 billion(US$203.7 million) in Q1 2021 compared to RMB800.3 million in Q1 2020.
- It suffered a net loss of RMB319.0 million(US$48.7 million) in Q1 2021 compared to a net loss of 7 million in Q1 2020.
- The Company had cash and cash equivalents and restricted cash of 33 billion(US$660.3 million) on March 31, 2021.
YSG stock is facing headwinds due to its unimpressive financial performance for Q2 2021. Financial results were improved but it still not making a profit due to which its share price went down yesterday and today in the pre-market session.
Yatsen Holding Limited (YSG) was founded in 2016 in China with the mission of creating an exciting new journey of beauty discovery for consumers in China and around the world. The Company’s flagship brand, Perfect Diary, became the top colour cosmetics brand in China in terms of online retail sales value three years after launch.