Sea Ltd. (NASDAQ: SE) stock declined by 5.29% at the last close whereas the SE stock price gains by 4.13% in the pre-market trading session. Sea Limited was formed in Singapore in 2009 and is a major worldwide consumer internet firm. SE’s aim is to use technology to improve the lives of consumers and small businesses.
SE stock Financial Highlights
Sea Ltd. announced its second-quarter 2021 financial results. The summary is given below:
China Can't Stop US$0.25 Stock from Mining Ultra-Rare Metal
Here's one little-known company — trading undiscovered below 25-cents per share — that's advancing one of the largest and highest quality REE deposits in all of North America... and the Chinese can't do a damn thing about it! It's early stage... and that's excellent news for individual investors like you who have the foresight to act decisively on an emerging megatrend that's already being measured in the Tens of $Billions.
Simply click here and the name & trading symbol are yours.
- From US$882.0 million in the second quarter of 2020 to US$2.3 billion in the second quarter of 2021, the total GAAP revenue rose by 158.6% to US$2.3 billion.
- From US$681.2 million in Q2 2020 to US$1.3 billion in the second quarter of 2021, SE’s total cost of revenue grew by 98.1 percent to US$1.3 billion.
- From US$32.6 million in the second quarter of 2020 to US$72.0 million in the second quarter of 2021, the other operating income rose by 120.8 percent to US$72.0 million. Rebates from e-commerce-related logistics service providers accounted for the majority of the increase.
- The total sales and marketing expenses for the second quarter surged by 138.5% to US$921.4 million relative to US$386.3 million for the second quarter of 2020.
- From US$144.5 million in the second quarter of 2020 to US$243.0 million in the second quarter of 2021, SE general and administrative expenditures grew by 68.1 percent to US$243.0 million. This rise was largely attributable to increasing personnel salary and benefit expenditures as a result of the company’s expansion.
- SE research and development costs grew by 129.0 percent to US$172.6 million in the second quarter of 2021 from US$75.3 million in the second quarter of 2020, owing to a larger research and development workforce.
SE experienced net losses of US$433.7 million and US$393.5 million in the second quarters of 2021 and 2020.
Interest income, interest expenditure, investment gain (loss), and foreign currency gain are the most common non-operating income and losses (loss). In the second quarter of 2021, we had a net non-operating loss of $25.1 million, relative to a net non-operating income of $7.6 million in the second quarter of 2020. Interest expenditures on the existing convertible notes accounted for the majority of the company’s non-operating loss in the second quarter of 2021.