Infinity Pharmaceuticals Inc. (INFI) stock declined by 31.53% at the last close whereas the INFI stock price surges by 49.34% in the pre-market trading session. Infinity is a medical biotechnology firm working on eganelisib (IPI-549) which is an oral immuno-oncology macrophage reprogramming therapy that has been shown to target a basic biologic process of immune suppression in cancer in numerous clinical trials.
What’s the update on INFI stock?
Infinity Pharmaceuticals released a company update as well as financial data for the second quarter of 2021.
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode
The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free.
- Infinity had $97.3 million in cash, cash equivalents, and available-for-sale securities on June 30, 2021, relative to $106.8 million on March 31, 2021.
- In the second quarter of 2021, research and development costs were $8.0 million, up from $6.1 million in the same period of 2020. The increase is largely due to increased clinical, research, and consultancy costs to support eganelisib’s continuing development.
- In the second quarter of 2021, general and administrative expenses were $3.5 million, up from $2.9 million in the same period of 2020. The rise in general and administrative expenses is largely attributable to higher consultancy and stock compensation costs.
- In the second quarter of 2021, the company lost $11.3 million, or $0.13 per basic and diluted common share, compared to $9.5 million, or $0.16 per basic and diluted common share, in the same time in 2020.
Infinity Pharmaceuticals has released new data on MARIO-275. MARIO-275 is a Phase 2 trial that is randomized and placebo-controlled. The goal of the research is to see how effective and safe eganelisib in conjunction with nivolumab (Opdivo) is in platinum-resistant cancer patients. In addition, data was also used in I/O naive individuals with advanced UC. However the data from MARIO-3, which is an ongoing Phase 2 trial in patients with unresectable locally advanced or metastatic TNBC that is testing eganelisib in a new triple combination in the front-line scenario with atezolizumab (Tecentriq) and nab-paclitaxel (Abraxane).
- In 2L UC, the combination of eganelisib and nivolumab achieved 15.4 months in MARIO-275, relative to 7.9 months in the nivolumab control arm.
- Early results from the MARIO-3 TNBC trial show that adding eganelisib to standard-of-care regimens improves progression-free survival regardless of PD-L1 status, with the vast majority of people remaining on therapy.
- In MARIO-3, 86.8% of evaluable 1L TNBC patients had tumor decrease, with an overall disease control rate of 84.2 percent.
- On-mechanism enhanced immune activation and reduced immunological suppression, according to MARIO-275 and MARIO-3 translational findings.