Cinedigm Corp. (NASDAQ: CIDM) stock gained by 37.96% at the last close whereas the CIDM stock price declines by 3.36% in the after-hours trading session. Cinedigm has been at the forefront of the entertainment industry’s digital revolution for more than two decades. Now, Cinedigm provides premium services, streaming channels, and technological services to the world’s top media, technology, and retail organizations, entertaining hundreds of millions of people around the world.
Cinedigm stated that they have paid off the remaining $3.5 million of its Prospect Digital Cinema loan, which was due on July 9, 2021. The debt was reduced and the balance sheet was improved thanks to revenue from the sale of some digital cinema equipment.
Gary Loffredo, President, Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel of Cinedigm stated,
They are now fully debt-free after paying off their non-recourse loan from Prospect. From over $49 million at the conclusion of the previous fiscal year, they have decreased their debt balance to zero. The debt-free financial sheet enables them to fund their fast expanding streaming business as well as the accretive acquisition roll-up plan.
Cinedigm Corp. has released its preliminary, unaudited, results for the period ended March 31, 2021. Given below are the highlights:
- Revenues from streaming channels have increased by 197 percent year over year.
- Revenues from ad-supported streaming channels are rising 331 percent year over year.
- Revenues from subscription streaming channels have increased by 117 percent year over year.
- For the fourth quarter in a row, streaming digital content licensing and sales, led by partners like Amazon, Apple, and Tubi, resulted in record digital sales billings.
- AMC Entertainment and CIDM agreed to a two-year sales plan for legacy digital cinema equipment, with gross revenues to CIDM of $10.8 million.
- Total debt was reduced by $37.3 million to $11.9 million, down from $49.1 million the year before.
- In the quarter, net streaming minutes reached 1.16 billion, a new high for CIDM, increasing 285 percent from the previous quarter.
- Total monthly ad-supported streaming channel viewers increased by 248 percent from the previous quarter to 23.6 million.
- Demand agreements for streaming advertising increased by 178 percent to 64, up from 23 in the previous quarter. Comcast’s Freewheel and TripleLift are two of the most important new partners.