ProPhase Labs Inc. (PRPH) shares jumped 5.84% in after-hours on Tuesday, July 13, 2021, and closed the day at $6.52 per share. Earlier in the morning session, PRPH’s stock lost 2.53% to close Tuesday’s session at $6.16. PRPH shares have risen 304.03% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up 5.84% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has gained 26.51%, while over the past six months, it has lost 53.56%.
Let’s see what’s happening recently with PRPH?
Participation in the upcoming investor conference
ProPhase Labs, Inc will be participating in the Access to Giving Virtual Investor Conference being held on July 13 – 15, 2021.
The company will be presented by its Chief Executive Officer Ted Karkusand he will deliver his corporate presentation on July 15 at 9:30 am ET.
Retention of CORE IR
On July 01, 2021, ProPhase Labs, Inc announced to retain CORE IR, leading investor relations, public relations, and strategic advisory firm, to assist the Company with investor relations, public relations, and shareholder communications services.
Inauguration on the Russell Microcap Index
ProPhase Labs, Inc was added to the Russell Microcap Index after the conclusion of the 2021 Russell Indexes’ annual reconstitution, which occurred on June 28, 2021.
Russell Indexes are widely used by investment managers and institutional investors for index funds and as benchmarks for active investment strategies.
Formation of two new subsidiaries
On June 10, 2021, ProPhase Labs, Inc formed the two wholly-owned subsidiaries, ProPhase Precision Medicine, Inc., which will focus on genomics testing technologies, and ProPhase Global Healthcare, Inc., which was recently formed to seek to expand the Company’s SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) testing into other countries and to pursue additional healthcare-related initiatives.
Participation in the recent conference
ProPhase Labs, Inc recently participated at the LD Micro Invitational XI virtual conference which held on June 8-10, 2021.
Recent financial results announcement
On May 13, 2021, ProPhase Labs, Inc reported its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021.
Q1 2021 financial highlights
- ProPhase Labs generated a revenue of $15.3 million in Q1 2021 compared to $1.9 million for Q1 2020.
- Gross profit was $8.9 million with a gross margin of 58.5% for the quarter ended March 31, 2021, compared to gross profit of$0.4 million and gross margin of 22%for the quarter ended March 31, 2020.
- Total operating expenses were $7.7 million for Q1 2021 compared to $1.2 million in Q1 2020.
- The company reported a net income of $1.1 million, or $0.07 per share in Q1 2021, compared to a net loss of $0.8 million, or $0.07 per share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2020.
- As of March 31, 2021, the company had net working capital of $49 million and cash and cash equivalents, and marketable debt securities of $36.3 million.
Cash dividend declaration
The Board of Directors of ProPhase Labs also declared a special cash dividend of $0.30 per share on its common stock. The dividend is payable on June 3, 2021, to stockholders of record as of May 25, 2021.
As of this writing, we have no recent news which could justify its mixed performance on Tuesday. We are not sure how PRPH will perform in the coming days.