8×8 Inc. (EGHT) shares lost 6.73% in after-hours on Friday, July 9, 2021, and closed the day at $25.2101. Earlier in the morning session, EGHT’s stock gained 1.24% to close Friday’s session at $27.03. EGHT shares have risen 65.52% over the last 12 months, and they have moved down 1.85% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 16.88%, while over the past six months, it has declined 20.52%.
Let’s have a brief look at its recent news.
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free
8×8 XCaaS received more service contract
On June 3, 2021, 8×8, Inc announced that Platform Housing Group will extend their 8×8 Experience Communications as a Service (XCaaS) deployment by adding 8×8’s Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) Video Interaction for improved employee and customer engagement.
Strategic Partnership with Sandler Partners
On May 26, 2021, 8×8, Inc announced a strategic partnership with Sandler Partners. The partnership allows Sandler Partners to provide its more than 9,000 technology partners with 8×8 Experience Communications as a Service (XCaaS.
New cloud communications model XCaaS
On May 18, 2021, 8×8, Inc today announced Experience Communications as a Service, a cloud communications deployment model that erases the boundary between Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS). With XCaaS, organizations can support the communications requirements of all employees as they work together to deliver differentiated customer experiences.
Recent financial results announcement
On May 10, 2021, 8×8, Inc released its financial results for the fourth quarter and full-year fiscal 2021 ended March 31, 2021.
Q4 2021 financial highlights
- 8×8 Inc earned a revenue of $144.7 million in Q4 2021 compared to $121.48 million in Q4 2020.
- Total operating expenses were $184.75 million in Q4 2021 compared to $167.63 million in Q4 2020.
- The company suffered a net loss of $45.03 million or a net loss of $0.42 per basic and diluted share in Q4 2021 compares to a net loss of $50.0 million or net loss of $0.49 per basic and diluted share in Q4 2020.
FY-2021 financial highlights
- 8x8Inc earned a revenue of $532.3 million in FY 2021 compared to $446.24 million in FY 2020.
- Total operating expenses were $678.5 million in FY 2021 compared to $606.06 million in FY 2020.
- The company suffered a net loss of $165.56 million or a net loss of $1.57 per basic and diluted share in FY 2021 compares to a net loss of $172.37 million or a net loss of $1.72 per basic and diluted share in FY 2020.
There is no recent news which we could link with its early gains and later sliding in the after-market session on Friday. we hope that EGHT will commence the new week in a positive mode.