Image Sensing Systems Inc. (ISNS) shares gained 5.92% in after-hours on Thursday, July 8, 2021, and closed the day at $6.98 per share. Earlier in the morning session, ISNS’s stock lost 1.20% to close Thursday’s session at $6.59. ISNS shares have risen 84.13% over the last 12 months, and they have moved down 3.09% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has gained 39.92%, while over the past six months, it has declined30.50%.
Let’s see what’s going on recently with ISNS?
Release of Wrong Way Alerting Solution
On July 08, 2021, Image Sensing Systems, Inc released their next-generation Wrong Way Alerting Solution that includes Alert Trust™, a service that delivers an unparalleled level of efficiency through alert accuracy.
The Wrong Way Alerting Solution provides transportation agencies with deeper insights that can help in developing effective strategies and resolutions to this challenging problem. It starts with analytics and data that allows agencies to make preemptive decisions to improve driver behavior before an event happens.
On June 17, 2021, Image Sensing Systems, Inc appointed Brian J. VanDerBosch to its Board of Directors. He was working as an independent advisor to the Board of Directors since November 2017.
On May 05, 2021, Image Sensing Systems, Inc appointed Chris Larsen as the company’s Vice President of Engineering. Mr. Larsen will report to Chad Stelzig, the company President and CEO.
The recent share purchase by mage Sensingindependent director
On May 13, 2021, the news circulated the markets that the Independent Director, Joseph Daly, recently bought US$50k worth of stock, for US$6.79 per share. Although the purchase is not a big one, increasing their shareholding by only 8.0% can be interpreted as a good sign.
Recent financial results announcement
On May 03, 2021, Image Sensing Systems, Inc reported its financial results for its quarter ended March 31, 2021.
Q1 2021 financial highlights
- The company reported a revenue of 3.0 million in Q1 2021 compared to $3.2 million in the first quarter of 2020.
- Product sales were $1.2 million in the first quarter of 2021 compared to $1.1 million in the first quarter of 2020.
- The gross margin was 76% for the first quarter of 2021 compared to 80% in Q1 2020.
- The total expenses were $1.9 million inQ1 2021 compared to $2.8 million in Q1 2020.
- Net income for the first quarter was $1.1 million or $0.21 per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $111,000 or $0.02 per diluted share in Q1 2020.
The release of the next-generation Wrong Way Alerting Solution may be the reason behind its gains in the after-hours on Thursday. let’s see whether ISNS can continue its positivity on Friday as well or not?