Remark Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: MARK) stock gained by 1.08% at last close while the MARK stock price surged by 5.32% in the after-hours session. Remark Holdings provides a comprehensive set of artificial intelligence (AI) products that help businesses and organizations solve issues, decrease risk, and achieve good outcomes.
Recent Past Development
Remark Holdings’ Kankan AI division stated that its Smart Campus technology has been implemented in more than 200 Chinese primary and secondary schools. Attendance management, disease prevention and control, energy management, campus access control, and dangerous behavior alerts are all possible with the system.MARK’s approach liberated teachers and staff from mundane duties, allowing them to concentrate on what they do best which is teaching.
The Smart Campus system, with its epidemic prevention and control capability, has been intended to aid school personnel in the ongoing struggle against COVID-19 and its variations by:
- Taking students’ body temperatures before they arrive on campus, allowing personnel to start monitoring their health condition before they enter classrooms and other facilities.
- Controlling entry to campus with the use of a pre-generated QR code and KanKan’s computer vision technology to determine if visitors are permitted and healthy.
- Automating student attendance monitoring and health screening of students and employees to reduce manual duties.
- Through the use of a mobile app to enable for the reservation of private study rooms, classrooms, labs, activity rooms, and other functional spaces as well as touch-free access.
- Reducing electricity usage and greenhouse gas emissions.
Kai-Shing Tao, Chairman, and CEO of Remark Holdings stated,
Kankan AI’s Smart Campus system is configurable to fit the demands of any school, including the size of the campus, the number of students, and the positioning of buildings and entrances, among many other factors. MARK’s product engineers tracked throughout the installation process, and their after-sales team taught school personnel on how to use the product, while the operations team performed continuous, maintenance-oriented surveillance to verify data quality and give great customer satisfaction.