CuriosityStream Inc. (CURI) shares gained 6.34% in Wednesday’s pre-market as of this writing. Yesterday, CURI’s stock lost 3.22% to Tuesday’s session at $13.54. CURI shares have risen 36.76% over the last 12 months, and they have moved down 1.31% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has gained 7.29%, while over the past six months, it has shed 0.89%.
Original Evolve production commenced
On June 29, 2021, CuriosityStream Inc commenced the production of the CuriosityStream original Evolve.
Top 5 Cheap Stocks to Own Right Now
While finding safe stocks with the potential for monster gains isn't always easy, we've found a few that could pay out well. In fact, within our report, "Top 5 Cheap Stock to Own Right Now", we have identified five stocks we believe could appreciate the most even if you just have $1,000 to invest.
Sign up here to get your free report now. .
Original Evolve will be filmed on 4 continents with the award-winning production team and will consist of a six-part docu-series exploring biomimicry. the series will explore how humanity can solve many of the fundamental issues facing us today by “mimicking” the incredible innovations found in nature.
Participation in the recent investor conferences
CuriosityStream recently participated virtually in a fireside chat at the Wells Fargo 2021 Virtual Media & Telco Day which held on Monday, June 7th, 2021.
CuriosityStream participated in the 16th Annual Needham Virtual Technology and Media Conference which held on Wednesday, May 19th, 2021.
Clint Stinchcomb, President and CEO of CuriosityStream, and Jason Eustace, Chief Financial Officer of CuriosityStream, presented the company.
Launching of DOUG TO THE RESCUE series
CuriosityStream launched DOUG TO THE RESCUE, featuring aerial cinematographer and drone pilot Doug Thron on June 10, 2021.
Acquisition ofOne Day University
On May 12, 2021, CuriosityStream Inc acquired One Day University, which provides access to more than 500 engaging talks and lectures from the best professors at more than 150 colleges and universities in the United States.
Recent financial results announcement
On May 113, 2021, CuriosityStream Inc released its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021.
Q1 2021 financial highlights
- CuriosityStream reported revenue of $9.9 million in Q1 2021 compared to $7.5 million in the first quarter of 2020.
- In Q1 2021, the gross margin was 58% compared to 64% in the first quarter of 2020.
- Total operating expenses were $25.14 million in Q1 2021 compared to $19.55 million in Q1 2020.
- The company suffered a net loss of $18.8 million in Q1 2021 compared to $11.8 million in the first quarter of 2020.
- In Q1 2021 EBITDA was $15.1million compared to EBITDA of $12.0 million in the first quarter of 2020.
- Net loss per basic and diluted share was $0.39 in Q1 2021 compared to $1.22 in Q1 2020.
The commencing of original evolve production could be the reason behind its pre-market surge on Wednesday.