Cellect Biotechnology Ltd. (APOP) surged 56.88% in the after-market session on Wednesday, June 16, 2021, and close the day at $1.86 per share. Earlier in Wednesday’s morning session, APOP stock gained 7.57% and close the morning session at $3.27 per share.
APOP shares have risen 3.48% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up 5.48% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 9.67%, while over the past six months, it has added 39.15%.
Filing Registration Statement
On June 16, 2021, Cellect Biotechnology Ltd filed a registration statement, including a joint proxy statement/prospectus with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in connection with its proposed strategic merger with privately-held Quoin Pharmaceuticals. The transaction is currently expected to close in the 2021 third quarter.
Top Line data results from Phase 1/2 clinical trial of ApoGraft™ technology
On April 19, 2021, Cellect Biotechnology Ltd reported positive data from the Company’s open-label Phase 1/2 clinical trial of its ApoGraft™ technology in Israel.
All eleven patients in the trial were engrafted promptly by using the ApoGraft product. The primary objective, safety, and tolerability were met and there were no procedure-related adverse events.
Q4 & FY 2020 financial results announcement
On March 29, 2021, Cellect Biotechnology Ltd released its financial and operating results for the fourth quarter and full-year ended December 31, 2020.
Q4 2020 financial highlights
- Research and development (R&D) expenses for the fourth quarter were $0.53 million compared to $0.80 million in Q 4 2019.
- The company suffered a comprehensive loss of $1.58 million or $0.004 per share in Q4 2020 compared to $1.89 million, or $0.008 per share, in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- General and administrative (G&A) expenses for the fourth quarter were $0.67 million compared to $0.74 million in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Finance expenses for the fourth quarter of 2020 were $0.38 million compared to finance expenses of $0.35 million in the fourth quarter of 2019.
FY 2020 financial highlights
- Research and development (R&D) expenses for the year 2020 were $1.83 million compared to$3.77 million for FY 2019.
- The company suffered a comprehensive loss of $5.62 million or $0.015 per share in FY 2020 compared to $5.23 million, or $0.025 per share, for the full year of 2019.
- General and administrative (G&A) expenses for the full year of 2020 were $2.52 million, compared to $3.18 million for the full year of 2019.
- Financial expenses were $1.27 million for the full year of 2020, compared to financial income of $1.72 million for the full year of 2019.
The filing of the registration statement could be the reason behind its exceptional performance on Wednesday as it can be seen as a major step towards the completion of the announced merger.