Idera Pharmaceuticals Inc. (IDRA) stock had a good Thursday. IDRA share gained 1.72% in the morning session on June 3, 2021, and later in the after-hours IDRA further gained 6.78% and closed the session at $1.26 per share. IDRA shares have declined 41.00% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up by 8.26% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 72.10%, while over the past six months, it has plunged 73.06%.
Let’s see what’s going on recently with IDRA?
Ending the ILLUMINATE-301 trial
On May 18, 2021, Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc announced to stop the ILLUMINATE-301 trial alone in patients with anti-PD-1 refractory advanced melanoma, to its overall survival (OS) primary endpoint.
Back On March 18, 2021, Idera Pharmaceuticals reported that the trial did not meet its primary endpoint of objective response rate (ORR). Full results from the study will be presented in a future publication.
Elizabeth Tarka, M.D., the Company’s Chief Medical Officer since July 2019, will be leaving the Company on May 28, 2021. Dr. Tarka will continue working with Idera on a consulting basis.
Financial result announcement
On April 29, 2021, Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc reported its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021.
Q1 2021 financial highlights
- Idera Pharmaceuticals reported a net income of $115.7 million for Q1 2021, compared to a net income of $8.8 million for the same period in 2020.
- Research and development expenses were $6.9 million in Q1 2021, compared to $9.5 million in Q1 2020.
- General and administrative expenses for the three months ended March 31, 2021, were $3.2 million compared to $3.6 million for the same period in 2020.
- Net income applicable to common stockholders was $109.6 million, or $2.66 per basic share in Q1 2021, compared to net income applicable to common stockholders of $8.2 million, or $0.27 per basic share, in Q1 2020.
- Net loss applicable to common stockholders on a diluted basis, was $10.0 million, or $0.14 per diluted share in Q1 2021, compared to net income applicable to common stockholders of $8.0 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, for the same period in 2020.
Q4 2020 financial results
On March 1, 2021, IDRA reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and the year ended December 31, 2020.
Fourth Quarter Financial highlights
- IDRA spent $5.1 million in Research and development expenses for the three months ended December 31, 2020, compared to $8.4 million for the same period in 2019
- General and administrative expense for the reported quarter totalled $2.9 million compared to $3.4 million for the same period in 2019.
- The company suffered a net loss of $76.7 million or $2.11 per basic and diluted share for the reported quarter compared to a net loss of $51.3 million, or $1.76 per basic and diluted share, for the same period in 2019.
Well as of this writing, there is no recent news about the company so its gains on Thursday is a bit strange. Let’s see how IDRA perform on the last trading day of the week.