Elastic NV Inc. (NASDAQ: ESTC) stock declined by 0.33% at the last close whereas the ESTC stock price surged by 12.82% in the after-hours session. Elastic is a search engine founded on the principles of openness and freedom. Elastic products and solutions allow anybody to get started quickly and easily. Elastic provides three enterprise search, observability, and security solutions, all of which are built on a single technological stack that can be deployed anywhere.
On June 2, 2021, ESTC announced its financial results for fourth-quarter fiscal 2021 and full-year fiscal 2022. Given below are the highlights.
- Total revenue generated for the fourth quarter was $177.6 million and $608.5 million for the full-year fiscal 2021. This is an increase of 44% and 42% year-over-year, respectively.
- The GAAP operating loss calculated for the fourth quarter was $37.1 million and GAAP operating margin was -21%. While for the full-year fiscal 2021 GAAP operating loss was $129.5 million and GAAP operating margin was -21%.
- Operating cash flow was -$1.5 million with free cash flow of -$3.1 million for the fourth quarter 2021. For the full year fiscal 2021 operating cash flow was $22.5 million with a free cash flow of $18.3 million.
- The Non-GAAP operating loss for Q4 fiscal 2021 was $1.2 million and the non-GAAP operating margin was -1%. For full year fiscal 2021 non-GAAP operating loss was $7.3 million and non-GAAP operating margin was -1%.
- As of April 30, 2021 Elastic has cash and cash equivalent of $400.8 million.
Outlook for 2021
Elastic has anticipated the following financial outcomes for its first quarter fiscal 2021 ending July 31, 2021, and full year fiscal 2022 ending April 30, 2022:
- The net revenue is expected to be between $171 million and $173 million for the first quarter whereas for the full year fiscal 2022 the revenue would be around $782 million and $788 million.
- Non-GAAP operating margin is calculated to be between -5.0% and -4.0%. While for the full year fiscal 2022 the values will be between -5.5% and -4.5%.
- And lastly the Non-GAAP total loss per share is estimated to be between $0.13 and $0.10 whereas for the full year fiscal 2022 it will be around $0.60 and $0.51.