Golden Star Resources Ltd. (GSS) shares gained 3.34% in after-market on Friday, May 28, 2021, and closed the week at $3.4 per share. Earlier in the morning session, GSS’s stock lost 1.20% to close the normal trading session at $3.29. GSS shares have risen 11.53% over the last 12 months, and they have moved down 4.64% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has gained 7.87%, while over the past six months, it has plunged 10.11%.
Let’s see what are the latest developments about Golden Star Resources?
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free
Restructuring and upsizing of the senior secured credit facility
On May 31, 2021, Golden Star Resources Ltd announced the restructuring and upsizing of the senior secured credit facility with Macquarie Bank Limited.
After the restructuring, the facility has been extended to $90 million, representing a $20 million increase.Golden Star now has $30 million of available liquidity from the upsized Facility.
Human Rights policy reviewed and update
On May 21, 2021, Golden Star Resources Ltd reviewed its policy on Human Rights and, as a result of this engagement, Golden Star has published an updated Policy on Human Rights (with enhanced alignment to internationally recognized human rights standards and the World Gold Council’s Responsible Gold Mining Principles. The Policy is available on the company’s website.
Results of Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
On May 6, 2021, Golden Star Resources Ltd announced that all resolutions at the annual general meeting of Golden Star shareholders were duly passed.
Financial results announcement
On May 5, 2021, Golden Star Resources Ltd. announced its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021.
Q1 2021 financial highlights
- Golden Star Resources earned a revenue of $65 million in Q1 2021 compared to 1 million in Q1 2020.
- Corporate general and administrative expense were $5min Q1 2021, compared to $5.2 million in Q1 2020.
- Net cash from financing activities was $7.7 million in Q 1 2021.
- EBITDA from continuing operations was $31.6 million for Q1 2021, compared to $24.7 million in Q1 2020.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $27.2 million in Q1 2021 compared to $21.2millionachieved in Q1 2020.
- Adjusted net income attributable to Golden Star shareholders was $4.4 million or $0.04 basic income per share in Q1 2021 compared to $2.2million or $0.02 basic income per share in Q1 2020.
- As of March 31, 2021, the Company had $66.1 million of cash and cash equivalents and $105.6million of debt, for net debt of $39.5million.
Well as of this writing no news could be linked with its turnaround in the after-hours on Friday. but we have a recent development (discussed above) that is going to affect GSS stock price when the market will open after the long weekend on Tuesday. We have to wait and see how GSS performs on Tuesday.