Jaguar Health Inc (JAGX) stock performed well on Tuesday, May 25, 2021. JAGX stock gained 2.01% in the early trading session on Tuesday and later in the after-hours, it further gained 5.26% to close the day at $1.6 per share.
JAGX shares have risen 249.43% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up 22.58% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 36.13%, while over the past six months, it has soared 637.51%.
Let’s check out its recent developments.
Abstract presentation at upcoming ASCO annual meeting
On May 20, 2021, Jaguar Health, Inc announced the highlights of the abstract regarding patient outcomes associated with cancer-related diarrhea (“CRD”) by Napo Pharmaceuticals, Inc which is Jaguar’s wholly-owned subsidiary.
The abstract “the impact of cancer-related diarrhea on changes in cancer therapy patterns: Real-world evidence” also has been accepted for poster presentation at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO®) Annual Meeting, which will be held virtually from June 4-8, 2021.
New social media channel for Jaguar health community
On May 19, 2021, Jaguar Health, Inc launched a new social media channel, Jaguar Health Community’s Instagram page, which will work as a central social media hub for stakeholders and the Company’s growing community of followers.
Recent updates about Canalevia (Crofelemer)
On May 18, 2021, Jaguar Health, Inc provided updates regarding the development program for the Company’s oral plant-based drug candidate Canaleviawhich is used to treat chemotherapy-induced diarrhea (CID) in dogs and exercise-induced diarrhea (EID) in dogs.
Recent financial results
On May 17, 2021, Jaguar Health, Inc released its consolidated first quarter 2021 financial results.
Q1 2021 financial highlights
- Jaguar Health earned net product revenue of $1.241 million in Q1 2021, compared to $0.87 million in Q1 2020.
- Operating loss was $8.8 million in Q1 2021 compared to $7.7 million operating loss in Q1 2020.
- The company reported a net loss of $12 million or $0.10 per basic and diluted share in Q1 2021 compared to a net loss of $7.9 million or $0.56 per basic and diluted share in Q1 2020.
- The total cost of product revenue for the quarter ended March 31, 2021, was $0.6 million compared to $0.7 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2020.
- Non-GAAP EBITDA for the first quarter of 2021 was a net loss of $9.0 million compared to a net loss of $6.5 million in Q1 2020.
On May 14, 2021, Jaguar Health, Inc granted non-statutory stock options for the purchase of up to 4,000 shares of the Company’s common stock to New Employee 1, non-statutory stock options for the purchase of up to 4,750 shares of the Company’s common stock to New Employee 2, and non-statutory stock options for the purchase of up to 40,000 shares of the Company’s common stock to New Employee at an exercise price of $1.22 per share.
Well, as of this writing, there is no recent news which could justify its positive performance on Tuesday. We hope that JAGX will continue its momentum on Wednesday as well.