MoSys Inc. (MOSY) stock surged 50.52% to close Friday’s session at $4.35. But it could not keep the streak going on in the after-market session and lost 5.98% to close the week at $4.09 per share. MOSY shares have risen 195.92% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up by 32.62% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 14.71%, while over the past six months, it has surged 210.71%.
Let’s try to find out the reasons behind its loss and gains on Friday.
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free
Recent financial result announcement
On May 6, 2021, MoSys Inc reported its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021.
Q1 2021 financial highlights
- MoSys reported net revenue of $1.3 million for Q1 2021, which is the same compared to the first quarter of 2020.
- The gross margin for the first quarter of 2021 was 63%, compared with 58% for the first quarter of 2020.
- Total GAAP operating expenses were $2.2 million for Q1 2021, compared with GAAP operating expenses of $2.1 million in the first quarter of 2020.
- The company suffered a GAAP net loss of $1.4 million, or $0.28 per share in Q1 2021, compared with a net loss of $1.4 million, or $0.61 per share, for the first quarter of 2020.
- Non-GAAP net loss for the first quarter of 2021 was $1.3 million, or $0.28 per share, compared with a net loss of $1.3 million, or $0.58 per share, for the first quarter of 2020.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the first quarter of 2021 was -$1.3 million, compared to negative $1.2 million for the first quarter of 2020.
- MoSys had cash and investments of $11.1 million as of March 31, 2021.
On April 12, 2021, MoSys Inc expanded its patent portfolio by purchasing five patents in the area of search and classification algorithms.
Q4 and FY2020 financial results announcement
On March 4, 2021, MoSys Inc released financial results for the fourth quarter and the fiscal year ended December 31, 2020.
Q4 financial highlights
- MoSysreported total net revenue of $1.6 million for the fourth quarter of 2020compared with $ $2.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2019.
- The gross margin for Q4 2020 was 68%, compared with 59% for the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Total GAAP operating expenses were $2.0 million in Q4 2020 which were the same in Q4 2019.
- The company suffered a GAAP net loss of $1.0 million, or $0.29 per share in Q4 2020 compared with a net loss of $0.7 million, or $0.31 per share, for the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Q4 2020 adjusted EBITDA was a negative $0.9 million, compared with a negative $0.5 million for the fourth quarter of 2019.
MoSys exceptional gain and minor loss of Friday had no reason. We were unable to find any recent news which could be linked to its mixed performance on Friday. we have to wait and see how MOST stock commences the new week trading on Monday.