Nano-X Imaging Ltd. (NASDAQ: NNOX) stock declines by 12.41% in the current market trading after NNOX released its first-quarter 2021 financial results. Nanox, an Israeli company founded by serial entrepreneur Ran Poliakine, is working on a commercial-grade optical X-ray source that will be used in real-world medical imaging applications.
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free
On May 11, 2021, Nano-X imaging announced its first quarter ended March 31, 2021, financial results. Given below is the summary:
- NNOX announced a net loss of $12.7 million for Q1 2021 compared to a net loss of $7.4 million for the three months ended March 31, 2020.
- In the first quarter of 2021, research and development costs were $2.7 million, up from $2.4 million in the same timeframe the previous year. Higher production costs associated with the Nanox System, including expanded R&D headcount and costs associated with the continuing regulatory approval process, were compensated by a reduction in share-based pay, which caused the rise.
- In the first quarter of 2021, general and administrative costs were $8.2 million, up from $4.0 million in the same timeframe the previous year. Secondary offering costs and share-based payments pushed up general and administrative expenses in the first quarter of 2021 compared to the same time last year.
- The first quarter of 2021 saw $4.4 million in net cash used in financial operations.
- NNOX has $219.3 million in cash and cash equivalents at the end of the first quarter of 2021, plus $13.6 million in cash in transit that was paid shortly after the quarter ended.
- NNOX had approximately 47.6 million outstanding shares as of March 31, 2021.
Ran Poliakine, Chairman and CEO of Nanox commented:
NNOX was thrilled to obtain FDA approval for their single-source Nanox Cart X-Ray System in April, a significant milestone for them and a useful benchmark as they plan to apply for approval of their multi-source product later this year. Moreover, amid the pandemic’s effect, NNOX is making steady progress on the technology transition of MEMs chip technology to their interim clean-room facility in Korea, as well as the building of NNOX’s latest state-of-the-art fabrication facility.