Brooks Automation, Inc (BRKS) shares commenced the Monday, May 10, 2021 trading by losing 9.81%to close the session at $89.44 per share. But in the after-hours BRKS shares surged 10.14% to close at $98.51. BRKS shares have surged 128.22% over the last 12 months, and they have moved down 8.70% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has gained 6.48%, while over the past six months, it has added 56.99%.
Let’s see what’s going on with BRKS?
Recent financial results
On May 10, 2021, Brooks Automation, Inc. reported financial results for the second fiscal quarter of 2021, which ended March 31, 2021.
Q2 2021 financial highlights
- Brooks Automation revenue was $287 million in Q2 2021 compared to $220 million in Q2 2020.
- Diluted EPS from continuing operations was $0.32per share compared to $0.12 per share in the second quarter of 2020.
- Operating income was $31 million in Q2 2021, compared to $15 million in the second quarter of 2020.
- Non-GAAP operating income was $58 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $71 million in Q2 2021 compared to $35 million in Q2 2020.
- At the end of the 2nd quarter of 2021, BRKS had a total balance of cash, cash equivalents, restricted cash, and marketable securities of $334 million.
Quarterly Cash Dividend
The Company also announced a dividend of $0.10 per share payable on June 25, 2021, to stockholders of record on June 4, 2021.
Q3 2021 financial outlook
Brooks Automation is expecting revenue to be in the range of $300 million to $320 million in Q3 2021.
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share are expected to be in the range of $0.65to $0.75 for the next quarter
- GAAP diluted earnings per share for the third fiscal quarter is expected to be in the range of $0.46to $0.56.
Brooks automation dissolving into two Independent publicly traded companies
On May 10, 2021, Brooks Automation Inc. revealed its intention to separate its business into two independent and publicly traded companies.
The first company will be a pure-play life sciences company with market-leading sample-based solutions and genomics services. This business has generated revenue of $449 million in the twelve months ending March 31, 2021.
2nd company will be a highly innovative automation technology company with significant expertise in semiconductor manufacturing solutions. The new company will retain the Brooks Automation name, a testament to the legacy it has built over the years.
Precise Automation acquisition
Brooks Automation Inc signed an agreement to acquire collaborative robots and automation subsystems developer Precise Automation for $On April 26, 2021,70 million.
Precise’s products are used in laboratory automation and semiconductor and electronics manufacturing end-markets.
Well, there are plenty of good announcements made by Brooks recently and all of them were positive that moved its stock towards the positivity in the after-markets on Monday.
We can expect that BRKS will keep its positive momentum in the coming days.