Groupon Inc Common Stock (GRPN) stock started the Thursday, May 3, 2021, trading session by losing 3.59% to close at $48.94 per share. Later, in the after-market session, GRPN performed well and gained 6.97% to close the day at $52.35 per share.
GRPN shares have gained 118.48% over the last 12 months, and they have shed 6.94% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has risen 35.23%, while over the past six months, it has soared 137.23%.
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free
Financial results announcement
On May 6, 2021, Groupon Inc reported its financial results for the first quarter of 2021, which ended March 31, 2021.
Q1 2021 financial highlights
- Groupon Q1 2021 revenue was $263.8 million which is 29% less in comparison with Q1 2020.
- Q1 2021 gross profit was $167.0 million, down 17% compared with the first quarter of 2020.
- Selling, General, and administrative expenses were $127.1 million in the first quarter of 2021 compared with $207.1 million in the first quarter of 2020.
- Other income, net was $18.1 million in the Q1 2021, compared with the expense of $19.0 million in Q1 2020.
- In Q1 2021, operating income was $14.4 million compared with a net loss of $210.9 million in the first quarter of 2020.
- In Q1 2021, net income attributable to common stockholders was $14.6 million, or $0.48 per diluted share, compared with a net loss of $213.5 million, or $7.53 per diluted share, in the first quarter of 2020.
- Non-GAAP net income attributable to common stockholders was $7.5 million, or $0.25 per diluted share, in the first quarter of 2021, compared with a non-GAAP net loss attributable to common stockholders plus assumed conversions of $46.2 million, or $1.63 per diluted share, in the first quarter 2020.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $30.4 million in the first quarter of 2021, compared with Adjusted EBITDA loss of $22.5 million in the first quarter of 2020.
- As of March 31, 2021, Groupon had cash and cash equivalents of $676.8 million.
New personalized user experience
On May 4, 2021, Groupon announced a new user experience, reimagined UX, designed to bring the company’s new inventory offerings to the forefront, drive more engagement of customers and retain more customers. The reimagined UX follows Groupon’s successful launch of a growth strategy to expand and improve inventory and includes personalized recommendations, streamlined search, and buy-it-again features.
Groupon is already running a four-week So #@$%ing Ready campaign aimed at connecting local merchants with consumers looking to get back to some sense of normality.
Mother’s Day Campaign
Groupon launched a new campaign on Mother’s Day to help families make up for lost time together due to the pandemic.
Recently, Groupon did a survey and according to that survey, the average person missed out on nearly a month (28 days) of quality time with their mom as a result of the pandemic.
80% of respondents in the survey said that they plan to use the occasion as an opportunity to make up for lost time and build new memories with their moms.
The special Mother’s Day offers are available on the Groupon website so please visit the website for the latest offers.
Groupon share price went up in the after-hours due to financial results announcement after market closure. GRPN share price can further increase on Friday, based on its financial results.