Evofem Biosciences, Inc. (EVFM), a biopharmaceutical company, announced its first-quarter 2021 financial results after which the EVFM stock price saw a push of 14.75% to reach $1.40 a share as of this writing. Evofem stock was gloomy during the previous trading session and went down by 5.43% at closing. Let’s briefly analyze the financial results of EVFM stock.
- EVFM stock generated net revenue of $1.1 million in the reported quarter which represents a breathtaking increase of 550% as compared to net revenue of $0.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2020.
- 3 Best Homebuilder Stocks to Buy Going Forward
- 3 Best Fuel Cell Stocks to Watch For in 2021
- Total operating expenses of the Evofem stock were totaled $46.0 million in the first quarter of 2021 which include $0.5 million cost of goods sold, $7.3 million research and development costs,$30.5 million selling and marketing costs, and $7.7 million general and administrative costs.
- Total other expenses for the EVFM stock were $1.3 million in the first three months of 2020 which mainly comprises of $0.1 million change in fair value due to mark to market adjustments and $1.1 million accrued interest expense for 2020 issued convertible notes.
- EVFM stock suffered $46.2 million, or $0.56 per share net loss attributable to the common stockholder in the first quarter of 2021 while it was 19.1 million, or $0.40 per share in the fourth quarter of 2020.
- As of March 31, 2020, Evofem stock had cash and cash equivalents of $45.3 million.Moreover $18.6 million restricted cash was also available for use at that time.
Recent Developments and Upcoming Milestones:
- Evofem launched direct-to-consumer market campaign “Get Phexxi” on February 14, 2021.
- The “Get Phexxi” campaign was exceptional as more than 5000 healthcare providers have prescribed Phexxi to date which resulted in the 83% increased Phexxi prescriptions from February to March.
- Pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial for the evaluation of EVO100 will complete the enrollment by the end of 2021. Moreover, EVO100 met its primary and secondary efficacy endpoints in Phase 2b/3 AMPREVENCE clinical trial.
- Data collected from the Phase 3 AMPOWER trial of Phexxi was presented in April 2021 at National Community Oncology Dispensing Association (NCODA) and American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).
- Evofem will record net proceeds of $4.2 million resulting from the over-allotment option in April, in the second quarter of 2021.
Investors are responding to the positive first-quarter financial 2021 results of EVFM stock. Evofem’s campaign “Get Phexxi” contributed a lot to the revenue growth for the first three months of 2021. Hence investors need to keep an eye on this stock.
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free