Datadog Inc. (NASDAQ: DDOG) stock declined by 7.01% whereas the DDOG stock gains by 6.22% in the pre-market session after Datadog announced its first-quarter 2021 financial results. Datadog is a cloud service management and protection platform. The DDOG SaaS platform combines and automates infrastructure monitoring, device efficiency monitoring, and log management to offer a single, real-time view of its customers’ entire technology stack.
On May 6, 2021, Datadog announced its first-quarter 2021 financial results. Given below is the summary:
- For the first quarter 2021 revenue was $198.5 million which is an increase of 51% from the previous year.
- The GAAP operating loss for Q1 2021 was $12.8 million, with a GAAP operating margin of 6%.
- Non-GAAP operating income was $19.6 million, with a 10% non-GAAP operating margin.
- The non-GAAP net gain per diluted share was $0.06, while the GAAP net loss per diluted share was $0.04.
- Operating cash flow was $51.7 million, with $44.5 million in free cash flow.
- As of March 31, 2021, cash, cash reserves, restricted cash, and marketable securities totaled $1.6 billion.
Olivier Pomel, co-founder and CEO of Datadog said:
Datadog is delighted with its good first-quarter performance, which showed sustained fast growth at scale and a great start to the year. DDOG continues to evolve at a breakneck rate, releasing new products and features that take advantage of their observability platform’s strengths to provide value to their customers.
Second Quarter & full year 2021 Outlook:
- For the second quarter and full-year 2021, the revenue is estimated between $211M- $213M and $880M-$890M respectively.
- The operating income for the second quarter is expected between $9 million and $11 million while for the full year the values could be between $45 million and $55 million.
- Non-GAAP net income per share is anticipated to be between $0.03 and $0.04 for the second quarter 2021 while it is expected to be between $0.13 million and $0.16 million for the full year of 2021.