JMP Group LLC (JMP) stock is surging in the after-hours on Thursday, April 29, 2021. As of this writing, it has gained 9.48%. Earlier JMP shares lost 1.40% to close the normal trading session at $6.33 per share.
JMP shares have surged 153.20% over the last 12 months, and they have moved down6.50% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has gained 50.71%, while over the past six months, it has added 152.18.
Even if you’re not actively in crypto, you deserve to know what’s actually going on...
Because while leading assets such as Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) are climbing in value, a select group of public “crypto stocks” are surging right along with them. More importantly, these stocks are outpacing the returns these leading crypto assets aren already producing.
Click here to get the full story… along with our long list of backdoor Bitcoin strategies. It’s free.
Let’s see what’s going on recently with JMP stock.
Financial results announcement
On April 29, 2021, JMP Group LLC released its financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2021.
Q1 2021 financial highlights
- JMP Group reported total revenue of $38.5 million in Q1 2021, compared to $5.27 million in Q1 2020.
- JMP Group operating income (loss) was $3.8 million in Q1 2021, compared to $537 thousand in Q1 2020.
- JMP Group operating EPS was $0.18 for the first quarter of 2021compared to $0.03 in Q1 2020.
- Net interest income for the quarter was $0.5 million compared to $0.4 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2020.
- JMP Group’s book value per share was $3.38, as of March 31, 2021.
- The adjusted book value per share was $4.24 for the quarter ended March 31, 2021.
On April 06, 2021, JMP Group LLC appointed Alfredo Barreto, Jr. as a managing director in its investment banking group. Mr. Barreto will advise corporate clients in the cannabis industry.
Earlier, on March 26, 2021, JMP Group LLC appointed Mark Lehmann, chief executive officer of JMP Securities as president of JMP Group. He will also continue to serve as a member of the company’s board of directors and its executive committee.
Q4 and FY 2020 financial results
On February 18, 2021, JMP Group LLC reported financial results for the quarter and full fiscal year ended December 31, 2020.
Q4 2020 financial highlights
- JMP Group total net revenue for the reported quarter was $26.6 million compared to $23.8 million in Q4 2019.
- Net interest income for the quarter was $0.5 million, compared to $0.6 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2019.
FY 2020 Financial highlights
- JMP Group total net revenue for the reported year was $115.5 million compared to $100.1 million in FY 2019.
- For the year ended December 31, 2020, net interest income was $1.7 million, compared to $5.3 million for the year ended December 31, 2019.
- JMP Group’s book value per share was$2.74 on December 31, 2020, compared to $3.16 on December 31, 2019.
The JMP stock is surging after the improved financial results announcement and we can expect it to continue its surge on Friday as well.