Xeris Pharmaceuticals Inc. (XERS) shares gained 5.17% to trade at $4.07 in after-market on Thursday, April 29, 2021. Earlier, XERS’s stock lost 3.97% to close Thursday’s session at $3.87. XERS shares have risen by 46.04% over the last 12 months, and they have moved down 0.26% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has lost 25.72%, while over the past six months, it has shed 24.41%.
Let’s see is there any reason behind its flip on Thursday?
Even if you’re not actively in crypto, you deserve to know what’s actually going on...
Because while leading assets such as Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) are climbing in value, a select group of public “crypto stocks” are surging right along with them. More importantly, these stocks are outpacing the returns these leading crypto assets aren already producing.
Click here to get the full story… along with our long list of backdoor Bitcoin strategies. It’s free.
Speculations about its upcoming Q1 earnings
The market expects Xeris Pharmaceuticals (XERS) to deliver an increase in earnings on higher revenues when it reports results for the quarter ended March 2021.
But according to Zacks estimates. The company can post a quarterly loss of $0.31 per share in its upcoming report. Also, Revenues are expected to be $7.57 million, according to Zacks.
Ogluo approval by U.K. MHRA
On April 29, 2021, Xeris Pharmaceuticals, Inc. said that its Ogluo® (glucagon) injection has been approved by the United Kingdom’s Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
Ogluo® (glucagon) is used for the treatment of severe hypoglycaemia in adults, adolescents, and children aged 2 years and over with diabetes mellitus.
Glucagon injection, Gvoke is the first prescription, ready-to-use, pre-mixed, pre-measured glucagon injection was approved by the FDA in September 2019 for use in the United States.
On March 31, 2021, the Compensation Committee of Xeris granted restricted stock units for an aggregate of 15,250 shares of its common stock to 10 new employees under Xeris Inducement Equity Plan.
Recent financial result announcement
On March 8, 2021, Xeris Pharmaceuticals reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and full-year 2020.
Q4 2020 financial highlights
- Xeris Pharmaceuticals net sales were $7.1 million for Q4 2020 compared to $1.6 million in Q4 2019
- The cost of goods was $3.4 million in Q4 2020, compared to $1.6 million in Q4 2019.
- R&D expenses for the fourth quarter of 2020 were 5.1 million compared to $12.4 million in Q4 2019.
- SG&A expenses for the fourth quarter were $18.0 million compared to $20.6 million in Q4 2019.
- Xeris suffered a net loss of $21.9 million or $0.41 per share in Q4 2020, compared to a net loss of $33.1 million, or $1.23 per share, for the same period in 2019.
FY 2020 financial highlights
- Xeris Pharmaceuticals net sales were $$20.2million for FY2020 compared to $1.6 million in FY 2019.
- The cost of goods was $9.3 million in Q4 2020, compared to $1.6 million in Q4 2019.
- R&D expenses for FY 2020 were $20.9 million compared to $60.4 million in FY 2019.
- SG&A expenses for 2020 were $73.7 million compared to $63.1 million in 2019.
- Xeris suffered a net loss of $91.1 million, or $2.14 per share, compared to a net loss of $125.6 million, or $4.81 per share in FY 2019.
- Xeris reported total cash, cash equivalents, and investments of $133.8 million, as of December 31, 2020.
The approval of Ogluo in the UK is an important development forXeris Pharmaceuticals which was the reason behind its turnaround on Thursday. XERS stock can further go up in the coming days.