Enzolytics Inc. (OTCPINK: ENZC) has been trading in a $0.1133 to $0.1435 range, closing its last trading day down -4.73 percent at $0.1248. Enzolytics stock fell over -56.69% this month; on average 43.75M shares were traded during the month. A significant development also could not prevent the ENZC stock from falling.
What was the announcement?
Enzolytics is a drug company committed to the commercialization of its protein-based drug products for treating infectious diseases. Studies have shown that ENZC’s flagship compound ITV-1, an Inactivated Pepsin Fraction suspension, is effective in the treatment of HIV/AIDS patients. Porcine pepsin is the active drug compound of ITV-1, and it has been demonstrated that ITV-1 modulates the immune system.
In an important development, recent research indicates that the monoclonal antibodies for the Enzolytics are uniquely focused on the targets on the Coronavirus that are conservatively present on the UK, Brazil, and South African variant strains.
- ENZC considers these findings highly significant in that the Center for Disease Control (the “CDC”) recently identified these Coronaviruses as “variants of concern.”
- The targeted approach of ENZC consists of identifying the conserved epitopes on the Coronavirus and developing human monoclonal antibodies that target these epitopes.
- Currently, the ENZC has identified 19 sequences that are much conserved on Coronavirus.
- These sequences are between 98.71% and 99.29% conserved on a large collection of 50,512 isolates of Coronavirus.
- Interestingly, these conserved sequences have been found by Enzolytics (ENZC) in the variants from the United Kingdom, Brazil, and South Africa.