In early trades today, Greenwich LifeSciences Inc. (GLSI) shares were trading at $38.90, up 7.79%. GLSI stock closed Tuesday’s session at $36.09, down -7.82%.
The GLSI stock has lost -27.82% over the past week while remaining stable over the past three months. Also, GLSI Stock currently has an outstanding share count of 14.90 million shares with a current market cap standing at $436.69 million.
What is causing the surge?
Biopharmaceutical firm Greenwich LifeSciences is focused on developing GP2. GLSI is currently developing GP2 as an immunotherapy for patients who have had breast cancer surgery in the past. In the HER2/neu protein, GP2 is a transmembrane peptide of 9 amino acids.
In a Phase IIb trial involving six primary intradermal injections over the initial 6 months in an HER2/neu 3+ adjuvant setting, no recurrences were detected if the patients received the 6 primary injections. Over the past four clinical trials, GP2 has been given to 138 patients. The treatment has proven well-tolerated, with no major side effects observed by the GLSI team.
Greenwich LifeSciences has today published a second poster for the project GP2 Phase III.
- It will be presented at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting in 2021.
- One of the authors of the poster is Dr. Mothaffar F. Rimawi, the GP2 Phase III global principal investigator at the Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center at Baylor College of Medicine.
- An audio track provides a refresher on how this clinical trial works.
- An abstract for Phase III trial design was published by the American Association for Cancer Research on April 9, 2021.
- The poster by the American Association for Cancer Research was published on April 10, 2021.
- This press release includes an abstract, and a full poster with audio accompanying the abstract can be accessed or downloaded on the GLSI website.