The previous market close for BriaCell Therapeutics Corp. (NASDAQ:BCTX) was up 18.95% at $5.21, with volume reaching 7.04 million shares. In contrast, BriaCell stock average daily volume stands at 383.89K.
There are 5.62M shares outstanding for BCTX stock and its current market value sits at $29.30M. BCTX stock surged despite lacking any current news, but may be gaining traction as a result of its participation in cancer research event.
What will BCTX are presenting?
BriaCell is a biotechnology company focused on immuno-oncology developing highly effective cancer-management approaches. Oncologists are increasingly turning to immunotherapies to treat cancer due to the possibility of a lowered risk and possibility for fewer side effects than chemotherapy, as well possible prevention of recurrence of the disease. With the goal of making breast cancer care more accessible to women with limited therapy options, BriaCell has been committed to developing novel immunotherapies to fight cancer.
Recently, BriaCell announced that it had been shortlisted for a presentation at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting in 2021.
- There has been a virtual meeting for two weeks, with the first week lasting from April 10-15, and the second week occurring from May 17-21.
- BriaCell will present data analyzated from clinical and pathological samples of its lead candidate, Bria-IMT.
- As a monotherapy, Bria-IMT by BCTX offers clinical benefits for advanced breast cancer.
- Bria-IMT by BCTX will also be presented in conjunction with immunosuppressants, including pembrolizumab and, more recently, Incyte’s INCMGA00012 (in partnership with Incyte Corporation).
- The patients’ data are from previously-disclosed patients (there has been no increase in the number of patients).
More from BCTX:
A number of BriaCell (BCTX) executives, directors, officers, employees and consultants have also been granted 617,300 number of incentive stock options as part of the BCTX’s stock option plan. Stock Options will vest immediately, will expire in 5 years, and will be exercisable at a price of $4.24 per common share in the capital of BCTX. Currently, BCTX has 635,352 outstanding Stock Options as a result of the Stock Option Grant.