At the close of business on 04/08/21, stock of the global leader in dental lasers, BIOLASE Inc. (NASDAQ: BIOL) was up 33.86% at $1.02. In the course of the day, the BIOLASE stock climbed to $1.03 and fell to $0.75 before closing at $1.02. Taking a longer-term view, the 52-week range of BIOL stock was $0.22-1.51. BIOL stock is up, mostly due to developments over the last few weeks.
What happened recently?
BIOLASE develops laser systems for dentistry and medicine, manufactures them, markets them, and sells them. The BIOL products are useful to patients and healthcare professionals in dentistry and medicine. Based on 271 patented BIOL laser products and 40 patent-pending technologies, BIOL’s products provide superior biological and clinical performance with reduced pain and quicker recovery times.
BIOLASE recently announced it has partnered with Einstein Healthcare Network to help train the residents of their Endodontic residency to use Waterlase dental lasers.
- This program takes the approach of introducing residents to dental lasers that are already in use throughout the industry.
- When starting a future practice, residents will be able to use their training immediately.
- The residency in endodontics at Einstein Healthcare Network is the first hospital-based endodontic program in the United States that is accredited by the American Dental Association.
- Two residents are admitted each year to the residency.
- Graduates of the program are qualified to teach, practice and conduct independent research.
How will it be useful?
Endodontists benefit from numerous reasons that can be attributed to the Waterlase dental laser by BIOLASE (BIOL), from its speed to its treatment options. BIOL continually strives to improve patient outcomes and experiences by educating endodontists about the benefits of dental lasers. Waterlase endodontists were recently given the opportunity to enroll in the Waterlase Endo Academy open to them.