In the recent trading, Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics Inc. (NYSE: BTX) experienced an uptrend of 29.98% with a closing price of $6.07. The current price level is 60.89% lower than the high point of $15.52 reached by Brooklyn Stock in the past 52-weeks, while it is -222.87% higher than the lowest point of $1.88 reached by the BTX stock during that time. A surge in the BTX stock followed the appointment of Brooklyn’s new CEO.
Whom has BTX chosen as its new CEO?
Currently, Brooklyn is exploring the use of cytokine-based treatment in cancer patients both as a sole agent as well as in combination with other anticancer therapies. In its option agreement with Factor Bioscience/Novellus, BTX is also exploring their potential for advancing therapies using cutting-edge gene editing/cell therapy technology. IRX-2 has been studied by Brooklyn’s most advanced program for head and neck cancer patients.
- Looking For The Best Stocks To Buy For 2021? 3 Electric Vehicle Stocks To Watch
- Top 3 Cosmetics Stocks in the market
The Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics announced on Tuesday that Howard J. Federoff, M.D., Ph.D., will begin his duties as Chief Executive Officer and President and a director as of April 16, 2021.
- Federoff succeeds Ronald Guido who has been serving as Brooklyn’s Interim CEO. Guido will remain on the team as Brooklyn’s Chief Development Officer.
- Federoff holds an academic position at the University of California, Irvine, where he is an expert in the field of neurology.
- In addition to serving as CEO of UCI Health, he also served as vice chancellor of health affairs and dean of the UCI School of Medicine.
- He was former executive vice president and executive dean of Health Sciences and Dean at the Georgetown University before joining UCI Health.
What does the new CEO think?
Federoff said that he will be working on developing and accelerating new therapeutic agents at Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics (BTX) that will treat cancer and other serious diseases and IRX-2’s clinical advancement as his top priority. Also, BTX will play a leading role in patient care by advancing in cancer drugs development during this exciting time.