At last check, Graham Holdings Company (GHC) shares were trading at $594.47, up 3.53% from the closing price in early trades today.
A share of Graham Holdings closed the previous session at $574.21, after gaining +2.09%. During the past 12 months, the GHC stock has risen by 75.56%, and it has declined by -0.21% over the past week. It is worth noting that GHC’s stock has increased 9.63% and 42.09% over the past three and six months.
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free
- The Top Cryptocurrency Stocks Flight in the Market for long-term
- Top 3 Cybersecurity Stocks You Should Keep on your Watch List
The GHC also has a market capitalization of $2.81 billion and its outstanding shares amounted to 4.97 million. An acquisition deal to purchase an internet company has expectedly been boosting the GHC stock.
What has the GHC been acquiring?
Graham Holdings is a diversified holding company that focuses on multiple segments that include TV broadcasting, internet, local news, home health care, and restaurants. GHC owns Kaplan, The Slate Group, Graham Media Group, Pinna, and Foreign Policy.
GHC is also the parent company of Code3 and Decile, Dekko, Graham Healthcare Group, Hoover Treated Wood Products, Forney Corporation, and Joyce/Dayton Corporation. It also owns Jeep of Bethesda and Clyde’s Restaurant Group, Framebridge, Inc., and CyberVista.
A Graham Holdings announcement today stated that it has agreed to acquire all of Leaf Group Limited (LEAF) outstanding common shares.
- GHC will be paying $8 per share for an all-cash transaction estimated at approximately $323 million.
- Leaf Group, a consumer internet platform based in Santa Monica, CA, builds innovative brands aimed at engaging audiences with enduring, creator-driven content.
- There are several fitness and wellness sites (Well+Good, Livestrong.com and MyPlate App) as well as many other sites that are related to home, art and design (Saatchi Art, Society6 and Hunker) included in those categories.
When GHC will complete the transaction?
Approval of Leaf Group shareholders, regulatory approval, and completion of other closing conditions by Graham Holdings (GHC) are the pre requisite for the transaction to be completed. GHC expects the transaction to close in June or July of 2021.