Theravance Biopharma Inc (TBPH) stock price declined on Friday, March 12, 2021, and even in the after-hours trading session, the negative trend continues.TBPH lost 12.69% in the extended-hours trading session on Friday. Still, there is no recent news to validate their share loss.
Recent Business Activities
On February 23, 2021, TBPH announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and full-year 2020 ended on December 31, 2020.
- Are You Looking for Dividend Paying Stocks? Here are the Best Buys in 2021
- Two Promising Pet Stocks for Investment as we Head 2021
Fourth Quarter Financial Highlights
- TBPHearned $18.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2020, which is $10.8 million less compared to the same quarter in 2019.
- It spent $65.2 million on R&D expenses for the fourth quarter of 2020, compared to $67.0 million in the same period in 2019.
- SG&A expenses for the fourth quarter of 2020 were $30.1 million, compared to $33.0 million in the same period in 2019.
- TBPHsuffered an operating loss of $76.5 million in the reported quarter, compared to $70.6 million in the same period of 2019.
Full-year Financial Highlights
- TBPHearned $71.87 million for the full-year 2020, compared to $73.41 million for the prior year.
- It spent $260.9 million for R&D expenses, compared to $219.48 million for full-year 2019.
- SG&A expenses for the full-year of 2020 were $108.661 million, compared to $106 million for the prior year.
- TBPHsuffered a net loss of $278 million for full-year 2020, compared to 236 million for the 2019 year.
TBPH participated in a pre-recorded Fireside Chat (investors conference) at the H.C. Wainwright Global Life Sciences Conference on Tuesday, March 9.
Theravance Biopharma, Inc. is a diversified biopharmaceutical company primarily focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of organ-selective medicines. TBPH’s purpose is to create transformational medicines to improve the lives of patients suffering from serious illnesses. Our research is focused on the areas of inflammation and immunology.
TBPHhas some important products such as FDA-approved YUPELRI which is used for the maintenance treatment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Rick E Winningham is the current CEO and Chairman of the company. He has more than 30 years of experience in biopharmaceuticals and has worked at senior management positions in different companies, around the globe. He is graduated from Texas Christian University with an M.B.A degree and also holds a B.S. degree from Southern Illinois University.