Before the ring of the bell today, Atossa Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATOS), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, has been seeing a 30.24% jump in its stock price. At the close of the previous session, the stock was up 16.43% to close at $2.48. Over the past 5 sessions, the stock is down -8.49% while the decline increases to -36.25% for the month. The stock has added 125.45% in the past year whereas its year-to-date performance stands at a gain of 161.05%.
There has been no directly related news to drive that momentum, but the recent developments may also be an indicator of how the company is currently performing.
- The Top Cryptocurrency Stocks Flight in the Market for long-term
- Top 3 Cloud Computing Stocks to Watch For in 2021
Atossa Therapeutics is dedicated to discovering and developing innovative drugs in the oncology and infectious disease fields. At present, the company is focusing its efforts on COVID-19 and breast cancer.
Last month, Atossa Therapeutics announced results from its Phase 1 double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical study using AT-301, Atossa’s proprietary nasal spray candidate.
- A total of two different dose levels of AT-301 were tested over a 14-day period in healthy males and females in this study.
- For newly diagnosed patients with COVID-19, AT-301 is being developed for at-home use.
- Current FDA-approved treatments to treat COVID-19 cannot be used at home.
- According to the studies’ final data analysis, no serious adverse events, no discontinuations, no bronchospasms were observed.
- All subjects but one was observed to have adverse effects, which were found to be moderate in severity whereas all other adverse effects were milder.
- AT-301 nasal spray was well tolerated in this study and was deemed safe by Atossa.
- AT-301 has been associated with nasal discomfort and sneezing as the most common treatment-related adverse events when administered in either a single or multiple doses.