Shares of biopharma company Salarius Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (SLRX) have been rising +16.58% to $2.25 (as of 09:07 a.m. EST) before the start of the regular session today. The stock has lost -10.65% in the last session closing at $1.93, trading in the range of $1.54 and $2.00 with 2.19 Million shares changed hands.
Salarius Pharmaceuticals Inc. is involved in cancer research and developing treatments for cancer patients using the biopharmaceutical industry’s leading-edge technologies. Salarius is investigating seclidemstat, its lead candidate, as a potential treatment for pediatric cancers, solid tumors, and other cancers with treatment options not sufficiently available. The U.S. FDA has already granted Fast Track Designation and Orphan Drug Designation for Seclidemstat for relapsed/refractory Ewing Sarcoma which is in phase 1/2 of clinical trials.
- Two of the Best Pharmaceutical Stocks to Watch for in 2021
- 3 Best Gene Therapy Stocks for long-term Investment
Salarius today announced the start of the expansion phase of the seclidemstat’s ongoing Phase 1/2 clinical trial in patients with relapsing and refractory (R/R) Ewings and Ewing-related sarcomas. The company will be adopting the following strategy in conducting that expanded study:
- Under the amended trial protocol, two treatment arms will be included in the expansion stage.
- Seclidemstat will be studied in combination with topotecan inup to 20 Ewing sarcoma patients in the first arm.
- Seclidemstat will be investigated as a single agent at the RP2D in patients with Ewing-related sarcomas in the second arm.
- Salarius expects to report readouts from the trial towards the end of 2021 and into 2022. Both the Ewing and Ewing-related sarcoma arms of the trial will evaluate safety and efficacy endpoints.