Shares of the clinical-stage genetic medicines company LogicBio Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: LOGC) get traction in after-hours trading on Monday when it has gained 13.07% after the ring of the bell. However, during the normal trading, the stock has lost -6.02% to close the regular session at $7.96.
Operational and strategic aspects of LogicBio’s activities:
- With pioneering platforms, LogicBio Therapeutics is committed to expanding the scope of genetic medicine.
- The patented genome editing technology platform of LogicBio, GeneRide, allows for the site-specific incorporation of a nuclease-free or exogenous promoter therapeutic transgene by harnessing the native mechanism of homologous recombination.
- For the first-in-human clinical trial of LB-001, a wholly-owned genome editing software using GeneRide for the treatment of methylmalonic acidemia, LogicBio obtained FDA approval.
- It is anticipated that patient participation in the phase I/II SUNRISE clinical trial will begin in early 2021.
- In parallel, LogicBio is collaborating with Takeda to study and improve LB-301, an investigational treatment that leverages GeneRide to treat Crigler-Najjar syndrome, a rare pediatric condition.
Recently, LogicBio Therapeutics announced that it has extended its research partnership with the Children’s Medical Research Institute (CMRI). They have been developing adeno-associated virus (AAV) vectors for gene therapy and gene editing applications in liver diseases and two other tissues.
A great many traders have been caught off guard, even the more experienced ones when it comes to the stock market. Same is the case with LOGC share prices which have decreased by -8.82% over the past week but are up 34.69% over prices posted in the last quarter and are up 4.33% in year-to-date trading.